A Time For Every Season

There is a time for every season and so this time must be for winter. We can't cheat winter, can we? I must admit I'm dreaming of spring and summer and autumn... all the seasons I haven't seen from the windows of my new condo.

I have seen winter in St Joseph. It is cold, very cold. And it is white, very white. I imagine it is pretty when the sun is shining on the brilliant white snow. I have not seen that facet of winter in St Joseph yet. What I have seen is ominous dark clouds drifting into the city from the even darker waters of Lake Michigan.

I am spending this time planning the home improvements I will need to do on my condo. It's fun to dream, imagining the bright and cheery colors I want on my walls. Shall it be yellow in my kitchen? Yes, I think it shall. And pale green for the dining room? Yes, that would do very nicely. The living room must be blue and white I think. But not a sad or drab blue! No. It must be a cheerful blue for the living room. Oh who knows, I may get back inside and decide on an entirely different color scheme!

Which room shall I start with? The kitchen so I have a place to cook? Maybe the bedroom so I have a place to sleep. Or maybe one of the bathrooms so that... well, I won't go too far down that road. We all know how necessary a bathroom is ;-)

I went to a home improvement show yesterday and got some good information about new products on the market. I can hardly wait to get started on redoing the condo. The challenges will be to keep a rein on my spending and not to plan too many projects initially. I've learned that home improvement projects always take 3 times the number of hours and generally twice as much money as you think they will. How much can be done before summer? Probably a third of what I'm thinking can be done ;-) I bought the first item for my condo at the home show... a set of hand painted wine glasses and a hand painted wine rack... absolutely charming! I can't live in wine country without wine glasses now can I?!

I'm spending a tremendous amount of time watching HGTV these days. And I'm learning a lot about interior design. I've picked up so many tips I hope to incorporate. It really is a good resource. I just wish I could get started on the redo already!