Clementine's Too, St Joseph, Michigan

Clementine's Too is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in St. Joseph. It's nice that it's located right along the St. Joseph River, but that's not why I like it. I like it for the casual atmosphere and the terrific food.



My favorite dish is called "Red Rooster". It consists of sauteed chicken breasts glazed in strawberries and served with a rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, garlic bread and cole slaw. And each and every bite of it is scrumptious! I've had this dish several times now and it never fails to please.

D is fond of the "Drunken Sailors", a half pound of shrimp steamed in beer. Like me, he orders this repeatedly in spite of the large variety of items on the menu.

We've had a couple different desserts at Clementine's. The baked apple dumpling is very tasty. But the dessert we had last week was fabulous! Mini cream puffs served with sliced strawberries and drizzled with Ghirardelli chocolate sauce. Oooh, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

The only things not to like at Clementine's Too are the sometimes long waits to get a table and the uncomfortable wooden seats (especially the booths with straight backs). I guess if their goal is to get people not to linger but to eat and move along, the seating serves its purpose. But I'd like to not leave with a backache. It's all that keeps me from going back more often.

The original Clementine's is located in South Haven. We'll probably give that a try the next time we visit there. Hopefully they'll have more comfortable seats and we can linger a bit.

Comments