Free Wi-Fi Access In And Around St Joseph

I'm a big fan of the Internet. Can you tell?

One of the first things I looked for when I was moving to St Joseph was free Wi-Fi hot spots. I have a nifty little netbook that I like to carry around with me in a small tote bag. I prefer to check my email, read my feeds, do the FB and Twitter thing, and write my blog posts from the netbook rather than my cell phone. However, that requires an Internet connection.

How I wish the Internet providers (are you listening out there Comcast, Ameritech?) would offer a reduced rate based not on a slower speed of service but on limited access time, either buying a set number of hours per month or weekend-only access. I wish the Herald Palladium would do that too, but that's a whole other rant...

So anyway, I've been on the lookout for free Wi-Fi spots around town and I've come up with 4 so far. The St Joseph/Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library, Burger King, The Chocolate Cafe, and Panera Bread. I'm going to put the locations in the left side column of this blog. If you know of any others, send me an email (imjasia at yahoo dot com) or leave a comment to this post and I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

Comments